CENTRAL STATES ANTHROPOLOGICAL SOCIETY
April 6 – 8, 2017
Embassy Suites Lincoln Hotel, 1040 P Street Lincoln, NE 68508
The annual meeting of the Central States Anthropological Society (a section of the American Anthropological Association) will be held April 6-8, 2017 at the Embassy Suites Lincoln Hotel in Lincoln, Nebraska. The meeting will be hosted by the Central States Anthropological Society. You are cordially invited to participate in this meeting, which is typically attended by over 300 professional anthropologists and students.
BOOK EXHIBIT RULES
- Exhibit hours are:
- 3-6 PM on Thursday, April 6
- 8:00 AM-4:30 PM on Friday, April 7
- 8:00 AM-12:00 PM on Saturday, April 8Set-up is 1-3 PM on Thursday; tear-down is 12-2 PM on Saturday.
- Publisher’s displays will be located centrally in the registration area. CSAS student volunteers will be managing the book displays during the meetings and items will be collected and secured in a locked room at the hotel.
- There is no charge for exhibiting and selling books. Publishers will share one or more tables at the registration area, depending on the number who will be present. The deadline for reserving space is April 1, 2017.
- If a press sends a representative to the conference he/she will receive a badge at no cost.
- Unaccompanied books and order forms will be grouped onto tables by student volunteers. Unaccompanied titles will not be returned; they will be donated to the student volunteers. (If requested, student volunteers can collect order forms and mail them to the press; see accompanying exhibit contract for details.)
6. Individual authors who are presenting at the conference are invited to display books. Authors must be registered for the conference in order to participate as exhibitors. Authors must collect their books (and their order forms) by the beginning of tear-down time. Any books not retrieved will be donated to student volunteers
BOOK EXHIBIT PARTICIPATION:
If you wish to participate in the book exhibit, please fill out the contract and send via mail, email or fax (by April 1) to:
Dr. Jennifer Esperanza (CSAS Executive Board)
Email: [email protected] Fax: 608-363-7144
Department of Anthropology, Beloit College 700 College Street
Beloit, WI 53511
Titles and order forms should be shipped—to arrive no earlier than April 4, 2017— labeled as follows:
Dr. Jennifer Esperanza (Guest)
Embassy Suites Lincoln Hotel
1040 P St
Lincoln, NE 68508
“HOLD FOR CSAS Conference (April 6-8)”
- Include a complete return address
- Be insured
- Be labeled with how many boxes are in the shipment (“Box 1 of 2,” “Box 2 of 2,”etc.)